NOTICE: This website will be undergoing maintenance from 8:00 PM Wednesday, January 17th until 6:00 AM Thursday, January 18th Pacific Time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Unclaimed Property - you may be richer than you think! - Washington State Department of Revenue

Filing negative reports

If you have reported previously, been sent a compliance letter, or participated in an on-site consultation visit, you must file even if there is nothing to report. You can file online or by paper.

File online (preferred)

  1. By clicking Submit report you will be taken to the Department's secure My Account login page.
  2. Use the same logon ID and password for your Department of Revenue, My Account.
    If you do not have a logon ID and password, select Join now to create a My Account.
  3. Select File a negative report, and choose Next.
  4. Select a reporting year.
  5. If this is your first time reporting online, select Add an account.
  6. Enter your Federal Tax ID number (FEIN) and Access number then select Next. If you don’t have your FEIN or Access Holder Number, contact us at
  7. Select Business name place a check mark by the company name and select Next.
  8. Your reporting is complete. Print a copy for your records.

File by paper

  1. Download the Form (.pdf) and Instructions (.pdf) for the Summary Report.
  2. On the Summary Report check No Property to Report under Method of Reporting.
  3. Mail your report to:

    State of Washington
    Department of Revenue
    Unclaimed Property Section
    PO Box 34053
    Seattle, WA 98124-1053
Printer Friendly | Your Privacy ©2007 Washington State Department of Revenue and its licensors. All rights reserved.